Use of holiday leave shall be limited to the following official holidays observed by the City and in accordance with departmental policy.
- New Year's Day (January 1)
- Equality Day (3rd Monday in January)
- Presidents Day (3rd Monday in February)
- Memorial Day (Last Monday in May)
- Independence Day (July 4)
- Labor Day (1st Monday in September)
- Veterans Day (November 11)
- Thanksgiving Day (4th Thursday in November)
- Day After Thanksgiving (4th Friday in November)
- Christmas Day (December 25)
Holidays which occur on Saturday shall be observed on the preceding Friday, and holidays which occur on Sunday shall be observed on the following Monday. The Council may approve other holidays by resolution.