TRAINING FOR INTERVENTION PROCEDURES
This Eight-hour class is open to individuals who work in establishments where liquor is served. The class focuses on:
- How to recognize signs of intoxication
- The effects of alcohol on the body
- How to deal with problem situations
- Proper documentation
- Wyoming liquor laws in order reduce underage drinking, impaired driving, and other negative repercussions of the misuse or abuse of alcohol, while still maintaining a healthy retail environment.
City of Rawlins Municipal Code:
Section 5.08.030 Responsible Beverage Server Training
- Pursuant to Wyoming Statutes §12-02-401 and §12-02-402, the Licensee shall make certain that all persons who sell, distribute, or serve alcoholic or malt beverages in the licensed premises successfully complete the Alcohol Server Training Program promulgated by the State of Wyoming, within four months from the date the person begins to provide such services.
Section 5.08.040 Penalties for Failure to Obtain Responsible Beverage Server Training
- A violation by the licensee or any failure to comply with any of the requirements; the licensee may be charged an administrative penalty not to exceed seven hundred and fifty dollars ($750.00). (Renumbered 5.08.110 (6A-96); Ord. No. 11-2014, Amended 11/4/2014)
All TIPS classes will be held in Rawlins at the Rawlins Fire Department Fire Station 2 Training Center located at 501 East State Street (behind the fire station).
Classes start at 9:00 AM sharp. Attendees need to stay until course is completed, or no credit will be given. Classes end at 4:00 PM with lunch break from 12:00 - 1:00 PM.
All classroom materials and registration is free of charge and will be supplied by the City of Rawlins. Officer Joel Robertson is the instructor, and can be contacted at the Rawlins Police Department with any questions (307-328-4530).
2019 Class Schedule:
Friday, January 25, 2019
Friday, April 26, 2019
Friday, July 26, 2019
Friday, October 25, 2019
Please contact Sandy at the Rawlins Police Department (324-4503) regarding class dates.